Jamii Bora Bank Limited is currently the Fastest Growing Bank in Kenya.We are looking for individuals who are hard working, energetic and self motivated.Applications are invited for the following post:
Job Title: Branch Manager
Job Grade: 3.
Department / Division: Commercial Division.
Reporting To: Head of Channels & Product Performance
Purpose of Job: Overall responsibility and day to day management and supervision of the branch to ensure expansion and growth in company business to meet set targets
Key Job Accountabilities
- Providing Leadership and strategic direction to the branch.
- Performance Management and Portfolio growth to meet set targets.
- Spearheading setting of realistic targets and allocation to the branch staff.
- Responding appropriately to under and over performance within the branch.
- Day to day decision making and problem solving on branch activities.
- Liaison with the local authority i.e. chiefs, opinion leaders in growing the branch etc.
- Mentoring and Supervision of the branch team
- Managing branch costs and staff productivity towards achieving requires cost to income ratios
- Ensuring adequate appraisal of loans and adherence to set policies and procures
- Mobilize deposits to exceed branch targets.
- Oversee growth 100% compliance to the bank policy and procedures.
- Budget planning, tight controls and evaluation for the branch to ensure operational excellence.
- Champion customer acquisition and retention at the branch level.
- Promote the bank’s corporate image at the branch level.
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis and local area customer trends and competitor offering
- Advising management of branch growth strategies and any other relevant decisions
- Performing any other duty assigned by superior
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of branch targets
- Low rate of staff turnover in the branch
- High rate of loan repayment and portfolio quality
- Fast growth of branch revenues in comparison to expenditure – achievement of the required cost to income ratio
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Business related degree an MBA is desirable
- Business management skills
- Credit management skills Supervisory skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team leader/player
Work Experience: Experience of over 5years
If you are interested in the above position please forward your Cover Letter and updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
The closing date shall be Saturday 31st May, 2014.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.