The Eastern Africa Standby Force Coordination Mechanism (EASFCOM) invites applications as stated below:
Bilingual Secretary GS 5 Step 1 Ref: HR/07/04/BILSEC
The Eastern Africa Standby Force Coordination Mechanism (EASFCOM) wishes to recruit a competent Bilingual Secretary towards enhancing its management system.
This is a local position open to candidates from the Eastern Africa Region currently residents or citizens of Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translation of documents to French and English and vice versa from time to time as required by the Organization.
- Typing and proof reading English & French documents, reports, correspondence, messages as required by the Organization.
- Receiving and drafting responses in routine correspondence.
- Coordination of office functions with other offices within EASFCOM.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, English, French, or relevant field from a recognized University.
- Fluent in both English and French. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
- Minimum five years working experience translating documents from English/French or vice versa in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Excellent Information Communications Technology Skills including proficiency with main office software and knowledge of information systems, internet tools and ability to work in a team.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed CV with three referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone number) together with copies of certificates to the undersigned not later than 11th June 2014.
Karen – Westwood Park Rd, off Ngong Rd
P.O. Box 1444 – 00502,