Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. We are seeking to recruit highly motivated individuals for the following positions:
Job Ref: HR-PO-05-2014
Reporting to the Procurement Manager and working closely with other teams within the organization, the key result areas for this position will include:
- Effective sourcing of goods and services, both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures for company use and eventually selling/disposing to customers;
- Managing supplier/ customers relations;
- Monitoring market trends;
- Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management;
- Diploma in CIPS or other relevant professional certifications;
- At least 3 years work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- Ability and readiness to work long hours;
- Result driven and a team player;
- Willingness to learn and use SAP Materials Management module.
Job Ref: HR-TE-05-2014
The Transmission Engineer will report to the Technical Manager and will be responsible for ensuring quality transmission and reception of Nation Media Group’s radio and television stations.
- Plan preventive maintenance for approval and implement the approved schedules;
- Carry out corrective maintenance on the transmission equipment during breakdown ensuring that all broadcast stations are on air for 24/7/365;
- Recommend ways and means of improving efficiency (improvement maintenance) of utilisation of existing transmitter equipment at all the stations;
- Coordinate new projects in transmitter stations. This includes coordination and management of contractors;
- Continuously monitor the radio and television signals with a view to resolving any transmission problems arising thereof;
- Predict and ensure proper stock level of spares required;
- Be available 24/7 to attend to emergencies;
- Working independently with little or no supervision to achieve the set targets for maximum turn around for resolution of complaints & faults.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications/electronics + IT or diploma from a Communication Institute/Electronics + IT;
- At least 3 years’ technical experience preferably in broadcasting;
- Knowledge of both Radio & TV Transmitter systems;
- Knowledge of satellite (SCPC & VSAT) systems;
- Must have excellent analytical, inter-personal and communication skills.
These positions offer excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 29th May 2014.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.